Friday, March 25, 2011

Special Day

Today is a very special day! My brother has been in Afghanistan for the past seven months. He left in early September. While he was over there we were blessed to be able to talk to him occasionally on the phone and through facebook.  Occasional phone calls are not enough. It was a long seven months, for him and for us.
I am so proud of him. He was willing to put his life on hold (or live his life, if you want to look at it that way) for us, for all Americans. He and his friends are over there fighting, risking their lives, to ensure our freedom; our safety.
This morning Mike will be back home, in NC. My parents are up there right now to see him. I wish we could be up there to welcome him off the bus, but he will be in Greenville soon enough. I can't wait to see him and give him a big hug. It's been too long.
That is my exciting news for the day! I am so thankful to God for carrying him through this journey and bringing him back to us safe and healthy.
Praying for an easy adjustment back to "normal" life for him and all of his buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment